James T. Kindt
Department of Chemistry
Office: Emerson Hall 521
Additional Contact Information
- PhD, Yale University, 1999
- BA, Haverford College, 1994
- Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, UCLA, 1999-2001
- Specific Research Area
- Theoretical and Computational, Biophysical
- Selected Publications
- J. de Joannis, P. S. Coppock, F. Yin, M. Mori, A. Zamorano, and J. T. Kindt. "Atomistic Simulation of Cholesterol Effects on Miscibility of Saturated and Unsaturated Phospholipids: Implications for Liquid-Ordered/Liquid-Disordered Phase Coexistence." J. Am. Chem. Soc. 133, 3625-3634 (2011).
- P. S. Coppock and J. T. Kindt, "Determination of phase transition temperatures for atomistic models of lipids from temperature-dependent stripe domain growth kinetics." J. Phys. Chem. B, 114, 11468-73 (2010).
- F. Yin and J. T. Kindt, "Hydrophobic mismatch and lipid sorting near OmpA in mixed bilayers: Atomistic and coarse-grained model simulations." Biophys. J. 102, 2279-2287 (2012).
- A. West and J.T. Kindt, "Effects of defects on shear stress relaxation in self-assembled protein networks." Soft Matter 8, 2895 - 2906 (2012).
- Y. Jiang, H. Wang, J. T. Kindt, "Atomistic simulations of 'bicelle' mixtures." Biophys. J., 98, 2895-2903 (2010).
- CHEM 332: Physical Chemistry II
- CHEM 533:Thermodynamics, Kinetics and Modeling (grad)
- CHEM 536: Advanced Physical Chemistry V (grad)
- Awards and Honors
- Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar award (2006)
- Alfred P. Sloan Research Fellowship (2005)
- Camille and Henry Dreyfus New Faculty Award (2001)