Department of Chemistry
Office: 430 Atwood
Additional Contact Information
- PhD, Duke University (Physical-Inorganic Chemistry), 1985
- BS, Wake Forest University, 1981
- Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Los Alamos National Laboratory (Bioinorganic Chemistry), 1985-1987
- Specific Research Area
- Biophysical, Bioinorganic
- Selected Publications
- “Differential Ordering of the Protein Backbone and Side Chains during Protein Folding Revealed by Site-Specific Recombinant Infrared Probes S. Nagarajan, H. Taskent-Sezgin, D. Parul, I. Carrico, D. P. Raleigh, and R. B. Dyer, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 20335–20340.
- “Direct evidence of active site reduction and photo-driven catalysis in sensitized hydrogenase assemblies,” B. L. Greene C. A. Joseph M. J. Maroney, R. B. Dyer, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2012, 134, 11108−11111.
- “Raising the speed limit for β-Hairpin formation,” C. M. Davis, S. Xiao, D. P. Raleigh and R. B. Dyer, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2012, 134 (35), 14476–14482.
- “Dynamics of an Ultrafast Folding Subdomain in the Context of a Larger Protein Fold,” C. M. Davis and R. B. Dyer, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2013, 135, 19260–19267.
- “Anisotropic Energy Flow and Allosteric Ligand Binding in Albumin,” G. Li, D. Magana, and R. B. Dyer, Nature Commun. 2014, 5, 3100:1-7.
- “Direct Evidence of Catalytic Heterogeneity in Lactate Dehydrogenase by Temperature Jump Infrared Spectroscopy” M. Reddish, H.-L. Peng, H. Deng, K. S. Panwar, R. Callender, and R. B. Dyer, J. Phys. Chem. B 2014, 118(37), 10854-10862.
- “CO2 Reduction Catalyzed by Mercaptopteridine on Glassy Carbon,” D. Xiang, D. Magana, and R. B. Dyer,J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2014, 136 (40), 14007–14010.
- “The Dynamical Nature of Enzymatic Catalysis,” R. Callender, R. B. Dyer, Acc. Chem. Res. 2015, articles ASAP.
- “The Pathway of O2 to the Active Site in Heme-Copper Oxidases,” Ó. Einarsdóttir, W. McDonald, C. Funatogawa, W. H. Woodruff and R. B. Dyer, Biochim. Biophys. Acta Bioenergetics 2015, 1847, 109-118.
- CHEM 300: Phys Chem. For Life Sciences
- CHEM 552: Advanced Inorganic Chemistry II: Physical Methods
- Awards and Honors
- Los Alamos Fellows Prize (1997)
- Chartered Reviewer, NIH BBCA and MSFB study sections (2000-2005)
- Editorial Board, Biophysical Journal (2004-2008)
- Laboratory Fellow, Los Alamos National Laboratory (2003)
- LANL Women's Career Development Mentoring Award (2008)